We are looking for a highly creative and detailed Set Decorator that can bring to life multiple in-house sets for our non-union productions.
The ideal person will possess extensive set decorating experience within the film industry with a strong understanding of design. Ideally, the Set Decorator knows how to source and procure furnishings and dressings, as well as skillfully place and arrange them on set. This individual will be expected to analyze overall requirements, cost, and timeline specifications as needed for each set. Ultimately, this individual will be able to use their strong creativity, design judgement, and resourcefulness to decorate multiple environments while achieving the desired message, story, or mood. We create videos based on realistic scenarios so sets must be relatable and believable.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Working closely with our Senior Production Managers, Screenwriters, and Directors to achieve the desired look and feel within each set
- Setting up and decorating multiple sets and sourcing for props (i.e. furniture, lighting, decorative items)
- Setting up both simple and intricate sets
- Acquiring needed props while conforming to budget restrictions
- Maintaining proper placement of decorative items to ensure the safety of performing actors and crews on-set
- Overseeing and maintaining each decorated set, overall visual appeal, and maximizing allotted space for current and future needs
- Maintaining clear communication with all necessary departments
- Creating inventory logs of all props and set decorations while maintaining meticulous organization using appropriate platforms (Skype, Monday.com, Google Drive)
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- A minimum of 4+ years working within the film industry as a Set Decorator
- Hands-on experience designing and decorating sets with a realistic aesthetic
- Comprehensive understanding of pre-production, production, and post-production
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible work schedule that may include nights and weekends
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
The Set Decorator will report to the Senior Production Manager
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
Currently, the Set Decorator has no personnel reporting directly to him or her
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All the action takes place at our BRAND NEW studio in Burbank, CA!
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
This is a full-time role that will require at times long hours, schedule flexibility will be discussed during the interview
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
You'll get paid between $25-$30 an hour depending on your experience
We've kept our hiring bar really high - you will work with the best
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
No formal cover letters, please. Instead include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
Provide links to projects you’ve worked on
Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
All of Dhar Mann Studios' new hires will begin at the associate level, regardless of what position was applied for. This approach doesn’t affect any aspect of pay: you will still get compensated during your Discovery Period according to the position you are applying for and within the rate listed for this position. Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month 'Discovery Period' in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set. Management-level roles will be part of a different Discovery Period for each step of the ladder (but again this does not affect your pay or compensation package).