Skydance Animation is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to manage day-to-day needs and develop long-term goals of the Editorial department as our film transitions into CG Production.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Mar 28, 2023
They report to the film’s Production Managers. The ideal candidate is a highly organized and proactive team-player with the ability to multi-task amongst shifting priorities; they are an experienced leader who can motivate a team within a constantly changing environment.
- Strategic partner with Producer and Production Managers in meeting overall production scheduling and budget requirements
- Develop global production strategy and departmental projections as it pertains to Editorial, ensure accurate execution of established plans
- Ensure weekly quotas, department milestones, and inventory changes are met; understands how changes might affect budget, scheduling, and overtime
- Strategize with Editor to cast assignments, establish deadlines and agendas for editorial reviews, monitor progress and workload
- Routine check-ins with editorial and production staff, delivering reviews and feedback as necessary
- Oversee timely availability of resources and team; proactively predict inventory issues and communicate status of work and assignments to Production Managers
- Responsible for accurate communication of action items or changes to necessary departments, editors, etc.
- Establish ShotGrid database structure for notes, statuses, other relevant department information; ingest and monitor progress from production partners, as applicable
- Regularly sync with international production studio; confirm cross-site delivery schedules, communicate relevant feedback, and strategize deadlines
- Create and update department reports to document workflows, project scenarios, and communicate progress upward to Production Managers and Producer
- Partner with Talent Development for team planning, staffing, feedback
- Manage logistical activities for department; establish agendas and help drive reviews and presentations
- Support and mentor Production Coordinators and Production Assistants, finding opportunities for growth and development
- Review and approve weekly time sheets for production team
- Maintain crew moral by fostering a creative and inclusive working environment
- Strong working knowledge of Editorial needs on animated production, including previous experience Supervising on a CG feature
- Strong managerial expertise, leading a team within a professional, fast-paced environment
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while maintaining positive attitude and proactive communication across teams and departments
- Proactivity in anticipating, identifying, and addressing issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of ShotGrid or comparable tracking software
The annual range for this exempt position in Los Angeles is $72,500-95,000/year.