The National Federation of Community Broadcasters (NFCB) is hiring a Program Director. The successful candidate will be able to envision and implement innovative membership services to our diverse array of nearly 200 community radio stations.
Are you interested in being an engaged member of a dynamic leadership team that champions community radio stations? Are robust local media services across the country, no matter what the size or location of the organization is, something that you have a passion to defend and support? The National Federation of Community Broadcasters (NFCB) is hiring a Program Director. The successful candidate will be able to envision and implement innovative membership services to our diverse array of nearly 200 community radio stations. Work from home with some travel to spice things up and consider bringing your knowledge of this unique space within the public media industry to the table with a seasoned team of experts. Opportunity to expand your skills and connections awaits you.
▪ At least 5 years’ experience at a management level in a nonprofit media organization.
▪ Exemplary written and oral communication skills is a must.
▪ Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and manage time
▪ Proficient with WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite, and Salesforce.
▪ Knowledge of FCC regulations and general station operations.
▪ Knowledge of CPB policies and guidelines is preferred.
Other Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
▪ Experience in a management-level position at a community radio station is preferred.
▪ Knowledge of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) grant programs and
priorities is advantageous.
▪ Experience leading initiatives that contribute to service innovation is helpful.
▪ Experience with PowerPoint, desktop publishing software, MailChimp/SurveyMonkey,
and CRM’s is advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Provides technical assistance to NFCB members via email, telephone, and on-site
consultations as needed.
▪ Oversees NFCB’s core services including: website, newsletter, blog, webinars, listserv,
and all social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and
▪ Works with the CEO and COO to design and present programs for regional and national
▪ Develops new services as needed and evaluates the quality of existing services.
▪ Represents the NFCB in a professional manner within the industry as needed.
▪ Participates in membership renewal efforts and solicits membership from new