CUMULUS MEDIA | Appleton, Wisconsin is searching for an experienced Program Director for WWWX-FM. The Program Director will be responsible for growing and operating a strong alternative brand and must have a strong background and passion for alternative music.
CUMULUS MEDIA | Appleton, Wisconsin is searching for an experienced Program Director for WWWX-FM. The Program Director will be responsible for growing and operating a strong alternative brand and must have a strong background and passion for alternative music. Energy, enthusiasm and experience within the genre is a must. You will be responsible for all aspects of programming including; scheduling, managing on-air staff, imaging, station strategy, developing and executing revenue generating sales & programming promotions, website & social media, digital content and have a strong understanding of the core audience of a AAA format. The position also requires a daily air-shift, along with a weekend voice track shift and/or live appearances and live remotes!
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Appleton, Wisconsin is home to five of the area’s favorite radio stations –WWWX-FM (Alternative), WVBO-FM (Classic Hits), WPKR-FM (Country), WNAM-AM (Music of Your Life) & WOSH-AM (News Talk). At Cumulus Appleton, we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of today's media world.
We’re looking for a track record of success. Top candidates will be versatile and possess exceptional PD, On-Air and web/social media skills. Digital and social strategies must be as engaging as on-air tactics and execution. The best candidates will be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and react in a calm and decisive way when dealing with challenging situations. Excellent writing and production skills to image and brand your stations are essential. People skills and the ability to work closely with talent, department heads and a talented sales team are critical. The right person will be involved in the greater Flint community, building relationships and partnerships with community organizations, non-profits, and local government bodies. The right person will understand the importance of connecting with their listeners and communities. The right person will understand the importance of radio in their marketplace.
- Create, implement, and manage the sound, image, music, brand, and standards of WWWX FM through all distribution channels to reach and exceed goals for ratings, revenue, and profitability.
- Successfully coach, direct, develop, appraise and motivate on-air talent to maximize their performance
- Deliver unique content that attracts the target demo, builds ratings and grows terrestrial and digital audiences
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop contests, promotions and big events to raise brand profile
- Work closely with community organizations to build strong partnerships
- Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of successful programming experience and winning track record backed by Nielsen Audio results preferred
- Individuals from non-rated markets will be considered and must demonstrate what they’ve done in the past to create a winning brand/station
- Strong social media and digital experience
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency with ratings & research programs
- Ability to multi-task and the discipline to focus on what is the highest and best use of your time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with air staff, departments, and clients
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- A strong understanding of Nielsen Ratings and ability to interpret various kinds of research
- Deep knowledge of music, pop culture and current events and how they relate to the station’s target demo
- Have and build great relationships in the entertainment community