CUMULUS MEDIA | Fayetteville, AR is searching for an experienced Program Director and Morning Show Host for KQSM-The Ticket. The position will be responsible for growing and operating the station’s brand and must have a strong background and passion for sports.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Fayetteville, Arkansas Area
Nov 13, 2023
CUMULUS MEDIA | Fayetteville, AR is searching for an experienced Program Director and Morning Show Host for KQSM-The Ticket. The position will be responsible for growing and operating the station’s brand and must have a strong background and passion for sports. Energy, enthusiasm and experience for sports is a must. You will be responsible for all aspects of programming including imaging, station strategy, developing and executing revenue generating sales & programming promotions, website & social media, digital content and have a strong understanding of the core audience of a Sports format. The position requires a 3-hour morning air shift, with the focus of the show being Arkansas Athletics. The Show Host is responsible for all content in the Morning Show, including booking guests, etc.
Who We Are: CUMULUS | Fayetteville, AR currently features 7 stations in Northwest. Our stations include: KQSM 92.1 The Ticket, KRMW 94.9 Radio John/Deek, 98.3 KKEG, Nash Icon 94.3 KAMO, News/Talk 1030 KFAY AM, KMCK Power 105.7, and 1590 AM The Ticket 2.
We’re looking for a track record of success. Top candidates will be versatile and possess exceptional PD, On-Air and web/social media skills. Digital and social strategies must be as engaging as on-air tactics and execution. The best candidates will bring a passion for sports and Arkansas to the station, that will be especially reflected in the Morning Show.
- Produce a compelling radio show by using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air content
- Create, implement, and manage the image, music, brand, and standards of KQSM The Ticket through all distribution channels to reach and exceed goals for ratings, revenue, and profitability
- Deliver unique content that attracts the target demo, builds ratings and grows terrestrial and digital audience
- Great with phones/interacting with callers, interviewing artists/guests and hosting live events
- Connect with listeners via phones, social, video, web and on-site
- Daily social media engagement; website and digital content generation
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue
- Work closely with marketing team to develop contests, promotions and big events to raise brand profile
- Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies
- Operate (as needed) control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment as well as music scheduling software
- 3 + years of Full-Time On-Air experience with successful ratings history required
- Strong social and digital experience
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency with ratings, research and music (Stratus) programs
- Ability to multi-task and the discipline to focus on what is the highest and best use of your time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with air staff, departments and clients
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- Deep knowledge of sports and how to relate to the station’s target demo
- Have and build great relationships in the Sports community with a deep contact list
- Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc
- Must be added to online profile/application
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative