WFAA Dallas is seeking a Programs Producer with the Community Impact Team. WFAA has a strong legacy of community engagement and in this position, you will work closely with the Director of Community Impact on community outreach initiatives, partnerships, and special projects.
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Sep 18, 2023
WFAA Dallas is seeking a Programs Producer with the Community Impact Team.
WFAA has a strong legacy of community engagement and in this position, you will work closely with the Director of Community Impact on community outreach initiatives, partnerships, and special projects. This role requires a strong, goal-oriented collaborator who has an outgoing attitude and takes initiative on projects to ensure they’re executed to a high degree of success. The Programs Producer will be asked to work one-on-one with clients and non-profit partners in the community.
- Serve as key resource leading Community Impact Team production efforts
- Oversee all aspects of PSAs and PSA inventory from production to placement to post reports
- Produce mission-aligned live and pre-produced community-based content and broadcast specials
- Execute internal and external communications of Community Impact initiatives
- Manage the development of collateral materials (on-air, digital, print, etc.) associated with the station’s sponsorship of community events and projects
- Serve as liaison across departments on key projects and initiatives
- Manage station Programming duties including notifying listing services, scheduling children’s programming crawls, recording changes in program listings, and more.
- Manage content production for Community Impact verticals (Family First, WeatherMinds, etc.)
- Lead station tours
- Represent the station on community boards and committees where appropriate and as needed
- 2-5 years in News, Marketing, or Community Relations
- Ability to shoot and edit video, write content for multiple platforms
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to motivate and engage cross-department team members on multiple projects
- Passion for being involved in the community and ability to build new connections
- Comfortable and confident in making effective decisions in a timely manner
- Innovative mindset that seeks creative solutions on projects
- Superior communication and project management skills; ability to work under and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and technologically savvy
- Ability to attend community events which includes some evenings and weekends
- Self-starter able to work independently leading and managing multiple projects
- Knowledge of FCC sponsorship/disclosure rules
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office experience required
- WideOrbit experience preferred
- Advanced graphic design/motion graphics skills preferred
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.