Be Part of the Story as the Associate Graphic Design Manager at The Walt Disney Company! This role will work on projects for our properties within the Disney brand including Classics, Princess and Frozen. This is a 12 Month Project Hire position without any guarantee of permanent placement.
Orlando, Florida Area, Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 31, 2024
Be Part of the Story as the Associate Graphic Design Manager at The Walt Disney Company! In this hands on role, we will produce and design original creative assets from concept to final artwork for our Licensing business. We handle projects at all levels of complexity. This role will work on projects for our properties within the Disney brand including Classics, Princess and Frozen.
This role reports to the Manager of Graphic Design.
This is a 12 Month Project Hire position without any guarantee of permanent placement.
What You Will Do:
- Development of original design creative assets for style guides across multiple properties and across divisions. Franchises include Disney Classics, Princess and Frozen.
- Art style/new technique development to co-ordinate with product and graphic trends in the marketplace
- Contribute new graphic design ideas and participate in our meetings and/or brainstorming sessions while maintaining high standards for Global applications
- Develop an elevated level of design standards across Consumer Products, Games & Publishing
- Understands Graphic Design & Branding and how it translates to product and packaging
- Fresh and inventive creative problem solver; aware of marketplace trends
- Present and articulate creative concepts to creative leaders
- Strong teammate and able to partner across key collaborators
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of related work experience in Graphic Design
- Strong knowledge of Graphic Design & Branding
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Fashion, trends and art application to product
- Strong traditional and digital drawing skills, in addition to concepting skills
- Ability to stylize characters in various illustration art styles
- Extensive experience creating all over prints and custom typography
- Strong proficiency in computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Creative Suite, Keynote)
- Pro-active / Can-do attitude
- Strong time management skills juggling multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Art, Graphic Design and/or Illustration
The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $77,100 to $103,400 per year.