The Project Manager will be a key member of the Portfolio Delivery team, supporting the Digital Platforms group and will oversee and manage the overall delivery of AMC Networks’ key programs and projects.
The Project Manager will be a key member of the Portfolio Delivery team, supporting the Digital Platforms group and will oversee and manage the overall delivery of AMC Networks’ key programs and projects. The focus of the projects is the delivery and maintenance of customer-facing web sites, native mobile applications, connected living room streaming devices, and emerging technologies and platforms. The ideal candidate is a business-focused problem solver, capable of collaborating with members of the Digital Development team, the Digital Product team, vendors, and AMCN’s SVOD and national network organizations.
This individual will play a key role in the continuous improvement and management of all digital projects. Proven experience with business- critical programs with multiple project dependencies, as well as the ability to successfully launch new products and product features across various platforms (desktop, mobile, OTT), are essential to this position.
- Manage multiple projects that drive revenue growth for AMCN.
- Be laser-focused on delivering on time to meet business goals.
- Understand project interdependencies and contribution to the overall business goals.
- Ensure the successful delivery of key business projects and goals by understanding the key prerequisites and interdependencies of various initiatives.
- Manage multiple critical projects simultaneously and get them over the finish line.
- Create full-scale master program and project schedules and communication plans consisting of multiple projects or components.
- Quantify factors related to project deliverables including resources, program and project oversight, objective risk and related contingency.
- Determine critical path for project success.
- Perform delivery viability analysis based on business timelines.
- Monitor, track and report on project health / status, including project budget / financials.
- Take a pragmatic approach to Project Management to ensure timelines and business goals are met.
- Facilitate scope definition, cross-functional estimates and high-level planning workshops with development team, product team, and vendors as needed.
- Prepare and present high-level plan with estimates for executives and cross-functional leaders based on estimated outcomes.
- Ensure proactive scheduling of key deliverables, milestones and deliverable tasks and develop project plans and schedules with cross-functional project leads. Ensure necessary steps, stories and dependencies to deliver projects and their components are established.
- Confidently lead and drive cross-functional projects through full delivery life cycle resulting in projects delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters and other team leads to drive an Agile software development process.
- Partner with scrum masters to ensure project mechanics, metrics, velocity, health tracking processes are established and tracked.
- Communicate regular status updates to executive leadership team on timelines, resource allocation and budget; escalate key issues and risks to ensure timely resolution and mitigation.
- Prevent scope creep and facilitate change requests to ensure impacts to schedule or budget are approved and communicated.
- Provide business domain and functional expertise to understand key drivers of various projects.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or business management.
- 3-5 years of Project Management with strong focus on execution.
- Certification in a related project management process (i.e. PMP) preferred.
- Experience working within the Media & Streaming industry, preferred.
- Experience working within multinational organizations, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of project management within a VOD and/or OTT service, ideally related to marketing, subscriptions and/or video operations. Knowledge of content management and content distribution a plus.
- Understanding of the streaming landscape, including the various devices in the marketplace.
- Experience in full life-cycle deliveries from business development to final software acceptance.
- Experience delivering new product features and/or solutions in an Agile environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with business and technical resources at all levels, including senior management.
- Proficient in Jira/Confluence.
- Proven experience in creating project plans.
- Good budget management and cost assessment knowledge.
- Good resource planning and management knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail, scheduling, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work on tight deadlines and deliver quality results.
- Proactive problem solver, who can work both collaboratively and independently.
- Effective oral and written communication, strong facilitation, and good presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong conflict management and effective negotiation skills.
The base compensation range for this position is $120,000.00 to $130,000.00, commensurate with experience.