Want to use those creative brain cells and join WKBN 27 and 33 WYTV, the CBS and ABC affiliates in Youngstown, Ohio has an immediate temporary opening through September of 2023, for a highly creative, multi-tasking Promotions Writer/Producer to join our team.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Jan 31, 2023
The ideal candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects. You will be tasked with creating targeted, daily news topicals, image promos and building the brands of our stations.
Managing deadlines is a key – you must be willing and able to work closely with reporters and producers in the fast-paced environment of the newsroom. This person must have a passion for working in news and possess the creative ability to effectively market not only on television, but also across all digital platforms. You will coordinate and execute a variety of promotional campaigns, from the development phase through completion.
This person should be willing to work a flexible schedule that could include nights, overnights, early mornings, weekends and/or a combination.
The successful candidate must have strong writing skills and be highly creative. This individual should possess a great attitude, be a team player and have the ability and willingness to work with all departments in our operation to produce a successful product.
JOB SUMMARY: Energetic and creative applicant with the ability to think outside the box and engage our audience using television, digital and social media.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing promotion inventory on daily station logs, contract orders, and materials
- Promotional script writing and PSA scripts
- Producing daily targeted promotions for newscasts
- Producing creative image campaigns through writing, shooting, editing videos, animations, and graphic content
- Digital marketing of our station news brands
- Assisting with station sponsored events
- Key skills – multi-tasking, organization, detail oriented
- Must be able to interact in a team environment
- Program skills - Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Wide Orbit, Word, and Excel
College degree preferred. Experience in television or similar field preferred but not required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
If you feel you are qualified for the position and would like to work with a great group of people go to WKBN.com under jobs / work for us, to upload your resume, cover letter and refences today.
Day, Evening, Overnight