Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a Real-time Asset Artist to create content for the Unreal Engine. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the Unreal Engine. They will be proficient in Concepting, Set Design, Layout, Modeling, Surfacing, Basic Rigging, and Optimizing assets.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 19, 2023
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a Real-time Asset Artist to create content for the Unreal Engine. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the Unreal Engine. They will be proficient in Concepting, Set Design, Layout, Modeling, Surfacing, Basic Rigging, and Optimizing assets. They will have an excellent artistic eye for detail when creating high quality assets and is proactive with collaboration and communication with the whole team. This role is anticipated to be a 6–12-month Project Hire.
- Collaborate with the Asset Supervisor, Asset, Pipeline, VAD and Lighting team on creating characters, environments vehicles and props to be used in the Unreal Engine
- Create high quality assets ranging from concept to final model and surfacing that are fully optimized to perform in a real time environment
- Ingest assets that are internally created or from third parties into our projects.
- Active in the creative research and development and communicates goals and objectives clearly
- Assist with long-term strategic planning and inspiring technical solutions regarding asset development with the team
- Leverage latest advancements in Unreal Engine to expedite asset development process
- Ensure that standardized practices are developed and implemented across projects to meet high quality and aesthetic standards
- Technical ability to create project-based materials and blueprints in engine
- Critically think and problem solve technical challenges and limitations within DCC programs and Unreal Engine
- Creating Control Rigs in DCC and Unreal Engine when requested
- Generate documentation on processes used for content creation
- 5+ years of experience with real-time content creation including:
- Excellent eye for details and an artistic portfolio of work showcasing modeling and texturing expertise across a variety of types of models, for characters, vehicles, environments, and props
- Ability to create Meshes, Materials, UV maps, Textures, for Optimal Performance
- Proficient knowledge in DCC programs like Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Houdini, Blender etc. For creating detailed models
- Extensive experience with Substance Suite and Photoshop for creating textures and materials for the look development of assets that adhere to Physically-Based Rendering principles as well as Non Photo Realistic principles
- Experience with optimization processes for assets while keeping high fidelity details intact
- Proficient experience working in real-time productions using the Unreal Engine and has knowledge of tools within the Unreal engine for character creation, set dressing, Landscapes, Blueprints, PCGs, Splines etc
- Ability to work in a variety of art styles with or without conceptual reference, and is able to gather references and plan for look development
- Strong artistic understanding of anatomy, proportions, scale, silhouette, lighting, composition, layout, color theory, atmosphere, etc.
- Ability to communicate and take art direction notes and apply them effectively and efficiently both written and verbal
- Is self-motivated and proactive and has excellent organization, time management, communication, collaboration skills
- Maintain consistency and quality on all meshes, textures and shaders created for all types of assets
- Ability to Rig and skin assets and built a Control Rig in Unreal Engine
- Have an understanding of metahumans and ability to convert custom characters to run in the Unreal Engine
- Experience working in a Volume, LED Stage, Mocap stage and with Virtual Cameras
- Visual Effects experience (Compositing, Set Extension, Previs, Postvis, Techvis, After Effects, Nuke, Renderman, VRAY, etc.)
- ShotGrid, Syncsketch, Bluescape, Marvelous Designer knowledge is a plus
- Experience photogrammetry and scanning
- Experience with lighting, sequencer, camera, layout, fx, and animation, in Unreal Engine
- Experience with advance rigging, metahuman skinning, and control rigs within DCC and Unreal Engine
- Experience with Unreal tools, Landscapes, Procedural Content Generators, Blueprint creation, Sequencer, Nanite, Lumen, Data Layers, Niagara, Groom, Chaos, Simulations, Retargeting, Cloth, Plugins, etc.
- Creating custom parent materials, procedural materials, and functions
The anticipated base salary for this position is $55.53/Hour to $74.28/Hour.