The Wrangler supports our Visual Effects productions by monitoring the Render Farm, managing and monitoring disk space, archiving/restoring material, taking care of data synchronization between sites and managing priorities based on production needs.
Nov 02, 2023
The Wrangler supports our Visual Effects productions by monitoring the Render Farm, managing and monitoring disk space, archiving/restoring material, taking care of data synchronization between sites and managing priorities based on production needs. They are involved with every aspect of our production pipeline, regularly interacting with various departments and specialties.
- Monitor, manage and maintain the ability of the Render Farm to function at its maximum efficiency;
- Track rendering priorities given by Production, ensure that any deadlines are met and flag if delays could be expected with requests;
- Plan and communicate resource allocations in accordance with the needs of the projects and the production team;
- Assist the artists with support requests regarding jobs on our render manager;
- Identify and troubleshoot problems with servers, render nodes/workstations;
- Send daily reports to the artists and production team regarding problematic renders;
- Disk usage, Data archival/restoration and resource management of ongoing and delivered projects;
- Monitor and support our Global Data Synchronization queues;
- Write reports for daily/nightly handover and prepare forecasting reports;
- Escalate issues to the Wrangler Manager, where appropriate;
- Keep the Wrangler Manager informed of the status of work, issues to be resolved, ramifications of problems encountered and recommend potential solutions;
- Monitor our ticketing systems and effectively resolve issues. Communicate with the appropriate technical department for major problems affecting the active projects.
- Proficiency working with various operating systems (Linux, Windows, OSX);
- Basic knowledge of Linux Shell commands and their usage;
- Knowledge of queuing systems, such as Tractor;
- Knowledge of Cloud rendering services such as Aws, Azure and gcp;
- Strong aptitude for technical learning;
- Able to communicate solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent sense of prioritization and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- 2 additional statutory holidays in the winter holidays ;
- Use of advanced technological equipment;
- New high-end facilities, located 5 minutes from the Gare de l'Est train station, with access to a dining area (including appropriate equipment for storing and heating food and beverages).