Infinity Ward is looking for a motivated and experienced Lead Rigger to join our new Austin studio.
Location Not Provided
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated rigging lead with experience heading up teams that build complex character, vehicle, and prop rigs.
The applicant needs a solid understanding of rigging pipelines and should be comfortable with Python development practices and various version control systems.
- Support the production pipeline used by Artists/Animators, and ensures that the art/animation team has all of the relevant tools and workflows they need to operate at peak efficiency
- Follow direction from the Technical Animation Director on an optimal CG look that ensures that all art content in the game is being built to withstand performance and memory requirements
- Work with MEL/Python scripts to automate the character animation process
- Work with 3rd party software for viewing and effecting Maya animations in the game engine
- Assist with dynamics and in-game physics
- Design and implement efficient character/weapon/vehicle rigs for the project
- Maintain error-proof skinning data on character library
- Tasks include: Technical animation, tool development, skinning of characters and rigging of characters
- Cloth/Hair simulation ability In May or Game Is a huge plus
- Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art or a related field
- 5+ years experience in the games industry with 5+ years experience on console game development
- Computer programming/scripting experience (e.g. C++, MEL, Python, Etc…)
- Strong knowledge of Maya 8+
- Knowledge of MEL/Python scripting
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Demo Reel Requirements:
- Demonstrates abilities in tools and includes a concise and practical character rig
- Show in-game or movie footage of that rig