Get in touch if you’re an experienced producer who writes compelling copy, has editorial depth, a strong visual sensibility and loves collaborating on a team.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 24, 2022
Must be able to roll with breaking news, adapt to last minute rundown changes and write copy free of errors under tight deadlines. If you love the rush of a newsroom when everything is happening this is the show for you.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
- Research, write and produce strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Produce live segments for live show, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
- Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
- Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
- Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
- Quality check all video content
- Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You’ve been working in broadcast, digital or cable news for 5+ years – preferably working on live daily shows or in and around a control room
- You are willing to work in New York, New York when the pandemic is over.
- You’ve got thorough knowledge of current events
- Excellent editorial judgment and writing skills
- You’ve got big ideas and the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
- You’re familiar with iNEWS, can search and edit footage and cut your own VOs and SOTs
- When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you’ve already put in a long day
- You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short