The Models department here at Wētā FX is responsible for modelling photorealistic assets for live action feature films.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Jan 19, 2023
The Models department here at Wētā FX is responsible for modelling photorealistic assets for live action feature films. These tasks include character, digital double, organic models, hard surface models, environments, hi-res models for displacement map extraction, low resolution models for Previs or crowd simulation, shot sculpting, fur, hair and costume creation using Marvelous Designer.
*Our Successful Senior Character Modeller will: *
- Have an impressive reel showing a range of Photorealistic Digital double and character work
- Understand good topology practices and character workflows within a VFX character pipeline
- Have a good understanding of Human and Animal anatomy and proven experience of this in VFX work on their reel
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience using Maya in a production environment (please note that due to our pipeline Maya knowledge is considered a must) Have experience with Mudbox or Z-Brush
- Be comfortable taking direction and working independently while being an effective team player
- Have upwards of five years' experience working in live action VFX Films
- Have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Understand Linux desktop and system commands to perform daily tasks comfortably
- Have excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Be a clear and confident communicator
*Experience that would be beneficial: *
- Good knowledge of UV workflow
- Wardrobe and costume experience creation using Marvelous Designer
- Shot sculpting experience
- Experience in mentorship and training of Junior crew.
- Photorealistic texture painting and/or lighting experience is a plus
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!