Art Director, Global Corporate Brand - Temporary cover position for 16 weeks / 4 months. The Art Director plays a primarily execution-based role, delivering designs and creative project work that serves as an example to their peer designers.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Sep 19, 2023
Art Director, Global Corporate Brand - Temporary cover position for 16 weeks / 4 months
ROLE OF ART DIRECTOR (DIGITAL/PRINT/MOTION)
The Art Director plays a primarily execution-based role, delivering designs and creative project work that serves as an example to their peer designers. They may begin to take on more creative management responsibilities that are generally limited to leadership within the internal team, but they may also begin building stronger relationships with external partners. The Art Director role can expand beyond individual contributions by assisting in laying pathways for creative projects as well as helping schedule and review work of other designers while collaborating with the Creative Director and Project Managers. They take approved objectives and build creative workplans, enforcing policies and recommending changes. They may manage photoshoots, liaise with clients in day-to-day communications, and in some cases, this person may manage creative direction for designers or freelancers.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director to align creative strategies with overall brand vision and business goals.
- Design print, promotion, and marketing deliverables from concept to completion, and manage quality that meets the standards of creative excellence for A+E Networks global corporate/sales branding and marketing on assets including:
- Global Content Sales Tools: Catalogue, digital marketing sales tools and business presentations
- Trade Events: Interiors, theming, graphics, emails, invites, signage, and premiums at industry events such as MIPCOM, the A+E Showcases, and screenings
- Trade Advertising Campaigns: prints ads, billboards, digital banners, and gifts for priority marketing partners
- Key art/program title logos for global program initiatives
- Program pitch decks for A+E Studios and A+E Factual Studios
- Corporate newsletters
- Motion graphics for sizzles and development pitch tapes
- Execute creative concepts in marketing campaigns through print, digital, motion graphics, and experiential activations.
- Provide strategic art direction and take work from concept to final execution within deadlines, and in some cases oversee designers/freelancers work from concept to final execution.
- Ensure consistency of brand guidelines across all collateral.
- Present design concepts and rationale to internal stakeholders.
- Multitask, handle multiple projects at once and pivot effectively while being receptive to all feedback.
- Collaborate with creative directors, designers, and copywriters.
- Occasionally collaborate with external partners like Global Content Sales and Ad Sales
- Stay on top of trends, be proactive about problem-solving and maintaining best practices.
- Foster a creative and collaborative work environment, inspiring and mentoring junior designers and other team members.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud software and industry standard programs
- Highly proficient in color theory, typography, textures, and spatial relationships
- Highly proficient in industry standard file formats and deliverables for both Print/Online
- Proficient knowledge in motion graphic design and toolkit development
- Proficient knowledge in pre-press, 4 color process
- Foundational knowledge in front end design / UI and UX (E.G. Figma)
- Foundational knowledge in programming languages (E.G. CSS and HTML)
- Foundational knowledge in content management systems (E.G. WordPress)
Contract Hourly Pay Rate: $46.50