As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible for ensuring the core brand aesthetics are considered within all creative executions across kids content.
London, United Kingdom
May 31, 2022
Is this the role for you?
Are you a designer who can do 2d, 3d and C4D really well? Are you an all-rounder who appreciates the fun and freedom enjoyed when designing for Kids brands? Are you a motion graphic designer for a broadcast media brand looking for a fun challenge?
We are V Creative, Viacom’s in-house team of creative thinkers and makers producing super-engaging work across iconic brands including Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and Channel 5.
From promos, events and marketing campaigns to reels, social and rebrands, we work cross brand and cross platforms creating award winning content. We are passionate about creative and thrive off collaboration
What will you be doing?
A key role within V Creative, the Senior Designer will report into the Creative Director – Kids working across all our brands and a wide range of projects and platforms including on air promos, integrated marketing campaigns, branding, events, print and packaging. As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible for ensuring the core brand aesthetics are considered within all creative executions across kids content.
You will need to demonstrate high a level of creative excellence, ensuring all output is produced to a world class standard whilst delivering on time and to budget. This Senior Designer position will be able to confidently creatively contribute to cross brand concepting sessions and deliver on strong design across the platform; coming up with innovative and original design ideas for multi platform campaigns.
In addition, this role will work collaboratively with creatives and producers to ensure all assets and promo graphics are delivered to the highest creative output; contributing to the development of promo ideas and providing visual guidance on the project. With excellent communication skills, you will work in an integrated way with all departments producing design requirements across the business.
- Creatively execute design to an industry leading level across all kids projects, with an understanding of core brand values and style guides of the global brands.
- Be a specialist in Paramounts kids’ brands for the UK.
- Work to a brief, schedule and budget and collaborate with creative and production partners across all projects.
- Collaborate and work closely with the Senior Creative Manager – Kids, and the Creative Director – Kids on all projects.
- Strong motion design focus – both 2D and 3D (C4D) as well as print design, ensuring cut through and stand out content is delivered for these mediums.
- Produce high quality design across a breadth of projects ranging from branding, commercials, promos, print, packaging and on screen elements; ensuring all graphics adhere to brand guidelines both locally and internationally where applicable
- Contribute creative ideas and vision within cross brand workflows
- Partner with creatives for campaign idea generation and pitching, effectively communicate design ideas through storyboards, style frames and mock-ups
- Work alongside, support and help the creatives to realise design solutions and add coherent design value to projects.
- To recommend new technology softwares and creative solutions
- Nurture, mentor and motivate junior members within the team
- Recruit and recommend freelancers where applicable
What are we looking for?
- Fantastic knowledge of all stages of the creative design and production process.
- Experience in leading project teams and support junior members of the team.
- Extensive design experience across all platforms and marketing mediums with strength in branding, styleguides, layout, typography, logo design and wealth of print projects.
- A strong visual and creative problem solver with an excellent ability to verbally communicate ideas.
- Excellent Macintosh and mainstream graphics software skills, including but not limited to: Adobe Creative cloud - After Effects, Cinema 4D, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Strongly committed to collaboration and working as part of the wider creative team.
- The ability to produce and communicate a stream of fresh, original and innovative creative ideas
- To be up to date with the latest design trends and recommend new softwares
- Ability to multi-task and working tight timelines and schedules
- Experience in directing shoots.
- Strong organisational skills will ability to prioritise workload
- Solid knowledge of Post Production techniques and formats
- Passionate about building an inclusive environment