We are looking for a Human Resources Senior Director/Production Partner to support live action productions across Paramount Media Networks (MTV Entertainment Group, Nickelodeon and BET), and will be responsible for day-to-day HR management of the production
The Production HR department is focused on creating an inclusive environment that supports all of our people, professionally and personally, to ensure that we can bring our best selves to work and drive creativity, innovation and results by connecting with the rich diversity of our employees, audiences and partners. We are looking for a Human Resources Senior Director/Production Partner to support live action productions across Paramount Media Networks (MTV Entertainment Group, Nickelodeon and BET), and will be responsible for day-to-day HR management of the production
- Directly manages the HR, Production Partners in consultation with and reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources
- Partners with HR VP to provide senior-level support, advice, and counsel to showrunners, executive producers, and senior show management; also partner with Labor Relations and Employment Law for performance issues, staffing change/termination requests, and incident-based behavioral concerns, as needed.
- Directly provides mid-level and day-to-day HR support to UPMs, Line Producers, and Network production management on all HR-related activities
- Handles routine to moderately complex employee relations matters and partners effectively with the VP, Labor, and the centralized Employee Relations team for investigations into harassment, discrimination, or other complex or legally based allegations
- In collaboration with the Org & People Development COE and Production HR leadership, develop and facilitate customized classes, sessions, and programs for productions (i.e., leadership training, unconscious bias, career pathing, etc.)
- Ensures all assigned productions, writers’ rooms, and post facilities timely receive all company-required trainings; may involve directly organizing or directing manager to organize training sessions as well as leading or instructing them
- Generate periodic (weekly, monthly, etc.) reporting as requested by leadership
- Remain connected and available to do business in conjunction with the schedule of their productions, which typically may involve considerable off hours support.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years’ experience in a high-volume, ER-intensive production-related environment, preferably entertainment
- Demonstrated knowledge of at-least-intermediate-level HR and employment concepts relating to ADA, FMLA, and other local, state, and federal employment law and practice, labor relations, and other HR subject areas.
- Valid driver’s license – ability to drive to various locations as needed.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM or other certification highly preferred; masters or higher work in HR, labor relations, business, or related fields also a plus!
- Expertise and strength in HR-related law, policy, and practice in their local jurisdiction with sufficient core knowledge to learn other jurisdictions as assigned
- Excellent initiative, problem solving, and “ownership” of issues from initiation to conclusion with a spirit of “arriving with solutions” in mind and providing affirmative reporting on the issues rather than requiring more-than-occasional follow-up
- Positive, collaborative, team-oriented approach with an eye towards pitching in and volunteering to help teammates get the job done
- Proven ability to “operate in the gray,” managing HR communications and efforts congruent with the spirit of company directives while applying the appropriate tone, business judgment, and diplomacy to each unique creative, technical, and operational production environment they support
- “Above and beyond” client-centric approach
Hiring Salary Range: $156,800.00 - 196,000.00.