The Fox News Digital Lifestyle team is seeking an experienced Senior Editor to manage a team of reporters and writers in our Lifestyle vertical, covering mainly Autos and Real Estate, but occasionally other key Lifestyle topics as needed.
The Fox News Digital Lifestyle team is seeking an experienced Senior Editor to manage a team of reporters and writers in our Lifestyle vertical, covering mainly Autos and Real Estate, but occasionally other key Lifestyle topics as needed. In this important role in Lifestyle, you will identify, assign, and edit (and sometimes write on) topics of high interest to readers across FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com, driving original and exclusive content production while mining potential story ideas from news sources, social media platforms, online forums and elsewhere.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign and edit a team within Lifestyle producing timely, on-brand content or breaking news coverage under tight deadlines
- Monitor the news, social media platforms, and online forums for the latest breaking news and trending news items
- Enforce SEO best practices
- Work to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the Lifestyle audience
- Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, time on site, and media initiate
- Oversee/work on lifestyle alerts, newsletters and other tasks as designated by the Managing Editor
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of experience editing, reporting, and writing engaging digital content
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience reporting and writing hard news and breaking news
- Experience managing, assigning and editing an editorial team
- Expertise in AP style
- Thorough knowledge of SEO best practices and digital analytics
- Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
- The ability to identify trending news and viral trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent judgment and news-gathering skills
- Impeccable editing and proofreading skills
- Experience as a team player
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $92,000.00-125,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $76,600.00-104,100.00 annually for Colorado.