The Effects TD generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects.
London, United Kingdom
May 12, 2022
They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their supervisors.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems.
- Light complex/multiple creatures (hairy or furry creatures) and elements.
- Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects and enormous crowd shots.
- Excellent pipeline scripting ability.
- Solid compositing ability, can wrangle blue-screen extractions, working knowledge of Nuke.
- Can write plug-ins, debug simulations and write set up and surface shaders with proficiency.
- Can write/hack procedural surface shaders and volumetric shaders with proficiency.
- Can animate moderate objects with proficiency.
- Can pick up new techniques quickly and easily and can debug just about anything.
- Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability.
- Create feature film quality effects using Houdini.
- Coaching and mentoring artists in new techniques and efficiencies.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or computer graphics or equivalent work experience.
- Demo reel required.
- Ability to work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment with minimal supervision to complete a shot.
- Exhibits excellent listening and communication skills, able to receive direction and criticism.
- Excellent presentation/communication skills in dailies/shot review by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next should be addressed in the shot.
- Engages in the creative process without ego, and accepts all final decisions with a positive and supportive attitude.
- Demonstrates an excellent aesthetic eye, anticipating potential problems and using an understanding of how to use the tools to achieve the desired look.
- Demonstrates superb problem-solving skills and takes the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time very well.
- Linux and scripting ability in Python.
- Experience in MEL.
- Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, XSI, 3DS Max or other software, and the ability to write expressions.
- C++ skills.