Skydance New Media is open to hiring remote employees within California and Vancouver, British Columbia. Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of these locations. We are searching for a Senior Gameplay Animator to join our core team developing a high quality AAA single-player story-driven action-adventure game built using the Unreal Engine.
California, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Feb 02, 2023
What You’ll Do:
We are searching for a Senior Gameplay Animator to join our core team developing a high quality AAA single-player story-driven action-adventure game built using the Unreal Engine. Our animation team is small, and we want to expand it with someone capable of bringing both deep expertise in gameplay animation while also being able to guide a distributed team of external animators to get results. We only hire talented, collaborative people with strong communication skills who are laser focused on achieving excellent results.
In This Role, You Will:
- Provide daily hands-on editing and tuning of motion capture-based animation content.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, and Animation to devise, implement and debug animation systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Collaborate with Design to define timing, expression and style of animations for core systems from the ground up.
- Work closely and clearly communicate with external Animation partners to ensure that quality and technical requirements and timelines are being met.
- Be involved in Motion Capture shoots, from planning and direction to integration into engine.
- Be an active partner in the integration of gameplay with cinematic animation.
- Collaborate with Animation Directors to ensure alignment with Narrative vision.
We Are Looking For People Who:
- Have 8+ years of experience in gameplay animation, including third-person action-adventure titles.
- Have shipped 2+ AAA titles as a gameplay animator.
- Have 3+ years in a senior gameplay animator role.
- Have experience mentoring other animators.
- Have experience with advanced animation systems and root motion. (Motion Matching, Warping)
- Push innovation and fidelity in gameplay animation and mechanics.
- Have a passion for creating cinematic and realistic content.
- Have extensive experience developing in a real-time environment. (Unreal)
- Excel at rapid prototyping and quick iteration.
- Thrive in a self-driven environment.
- Are great communicators and cross-discipline collaborators.
- Possess strong time management and long-term planning skills.
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $175,000 – $225,000 .