CBS Miami is seeking a skilled Senior Graphic Designer to join its Creative Services team! The Senior Graphic Designer’s primary focus will be to build static graphics, animations, videos, and other multimedia content.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Jan 22, 2024
CBS Miami is seeking a skilled Senior Graphic Designer to join its Creative Services team! The Senior Graphic Designer’s primary focus will be to build static graphics, animations, videos, and other multimedia content. This role is a key member of the Creative Services team, which supports News, Weather, Sports, Sales and Marketing.
Our brand promise is to make our communities a better place to live and want that sentiment to come through our visual presentation and communication. We’re looking for someone with a passion for design and ability to bring a creative, contemporary approach to a multitude of different projects. Your expertise will be applied to enhance elements from on-air news graphics to promotional spots for marketing and branding. You will create high-end dynamic opens, storytelling explainer animations, and infographics, while being at the forefront of growth and expansion of our visual brand across all our communications as well as occasional design for commercial work as part of our in-house agency.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud products with an advanced knowledge in After Effects Photoshop, and Illustrator. Cinema 4D experience a plus.
- Knowledge of current design trends, and good knowledge of typography
- Must be able to multitask across different projects simultaneously with attention to detail and deliver in our fast-paced environment. Ability to switch between different categories of design, such as motion design, digital and print with an emphasis on modern flat-design, infographics, and storytelling explainer animations.
- Problem solving skills necessary to work with non-designers to help enhance their vision and provide solutions.
- Ability to edit in Premiere, Avid Media Composer and/or Final Cut Pro or working knowledge of Chyron Prime or template development experience are welcomed bonuses.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, motion design, film production, or practical experience in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Motion Graphic Designer or in a similar role, preferably within the broadcast or media industry.
- Strong portfolio showcasing proficiency in creating visually appealing motion graphics, graphic layouts, and video editing (if applicable). Examples of 3D set design a plus.
- Proficiency in design software tools (e.g., Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, Unreal Engine, etc.)
- Advanced skills showing precision, nuanced animation, and video editing skills with added experience in color grading, template development, and After Effects expressions are highly desirable.
- Excellent understanding of broadcast standards, design principles, typography, color theory, and visual composition.
- Collaboration and communication skills to work creatively within a team environment and collaborate with various partners.
- Ability to balance creative expression with adherence to brand guidelines and technical requirements.
- Meticulous with outstanding organizational skills to lead multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Passion for inventive storytelling, visual communications, dynamic broadcast graphics, and elegant infographics.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Open to working a hybrid schedule with a minimum of 1-2 days in the office. Occasional on-call availability for breaking news as needed.