Marvel Studios Visual Development Artists compose a small team of illustrators and designers that focus on delivering high quality concept art for the heroes, villains and key moments of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 06, 2022
They work closely with a project lead to understand the visual needs of the filmmakers and create highly detailed character design images and keyframes that help define the look of each film. Each artist is tasked with developing a series of character design images centered around a unique art direction and will be required to adjust the visuals based on feedback from the Directors and Producers. Additionally, artists will create dramatic and dynamic keyframe illustrations to visualize important story moments from the film.
- 5-7 years of live action film/games/animation experience as a concept artist.
- Master level competence of Photoshop, with a focus on painting.
- Z-brush/Keyshot/Cinema 4D experience a plus.
- Great at brainstorming, taking direction, collaborating and being part of a team.
- Interest/passion for Marvel superheroes.
- Experience telling stories through dynamic and dramatic keyframe illustrations.
- Experience communicating storytelling/blue sky ideas through image sequences, rough sketches, or 3d models.
- Experience developing highly realistic character designs with very focused art directions. Ability to explore multiple art directions.
- Ability to solve problems creatively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to develop ideas through sketches, take feedback, and take the sketches to a high level of finish.
- Portfolio review will be part of the interview.
“This is an IATSE 800 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.”