We seek a highly experienced Senior Manager, Visual Effects to manage both internal and third-party co-productions across Netflix Original Films. This person should intuitively understand and appreciate right-sizing budgets and customizing approaches to visual effects.
We seek a highly experienced Senior Manager, Visual Effects to manage both internal and third-party co-productions across Netflix Original Films. This person should be very well established in the VFX industry and should have solid work experience at vendor and/or production level. Key to the position is the ability to help curate vendor and VFX crew relations, review and help budget scripts, creatively assess and comment on work, all while supporting filmmakers and helping to develop the Netflix VFX pipeline.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This person should intuitively understand and appreciate right-sizing budgets and customizing approaches to visual effects (including virtual production techniques) in alignment with a specific Title from high-end spectacle to story-serving invisible effects. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Oversee all aspects of the VFX process on a slate of film projects as assigned by the Director, VFX
- Working with Production teams, Studio Creative Executives, and Finance during development and pre-production. Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and production/post production planning. Providing recommendations and feedback on VFX scope of work and feasibility.
- Building the visual effects teams. Recruiting Supervisors, Producers, Vendors and negotiating with agents. Overseeing contract negotiations and liaising with Legal to maintain thresholds for expenditures and company policies.
- Managing VFX delivery progress and cost report tracking. Managing and guiding VFX Producers to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensure production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Helping develop and maintain consistent reporting on budget, schedule and VFX progress.
- Working with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer to review VFX media as a way of ensuring highest quality work.
- Researching and networking with new businesses and up-and-comers. Tracking talent availability.
- Technical understanding of the visual effects process including 4K pipelines as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows.
- Understanding of tax incentives and rebates.
- Helping to craft, implement and execute strategic initiatives and department workflows in alignment with the Director, VFX.
- A love for the creative process!
- 8+ years of experience specifically overseeing multiple projects at a time in managerial roles such as VFX Producer, Post Producer, VFX Executive Producer, VFX Supervisor, etc.
- A passion for visual effects and the technology and artistry that makes it possible
- Experience collecting and negotiating vendor bids, and budgeting for visual effects
- Diplomacy and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential matters
- Outstanding executive communication and mastery of the ability to influence without authority
- Knowledge of current trends for VFX production workflows
- Team-player who thrives in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Desire and self motivation to continuously learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with filmmakers, VFX supervisors, VFX producers, and key vendors
The range for this role is $165,000 - $450,000.