PBS North Carolina: The primary purpose of Senior Post-Production Editor is to work closely with the network directors in making creative and technical decisions in assembling recorded audio and video material using professional broadcast equipment and software, into a complete, well-polished program for broadcast at the local and national level.
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Aug 08, 2023
Posting Close Date: 8/18/2023 7:00 p.m. EST
The primary purpose of Senior Post-Production Editor is to work closely with the network directors in making creative and technical decisions in assembling recorded audio and video material using professional broadcast equipment and software, into a complete, well-polished program for broadcast at the local and national level.
This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, consistent with System Office policy. UNC System employees are generally required to reside in North Carolina, within a 2-hour commuting distance of their assigned duty station.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Skills
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience related to the area of assignment in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- The Senior Post-Production Editor position requires a masterful storyteller creating engaging and compelling narratives in multiple formats which will be distributed across a number of platforms including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and over-the-air broadcast.
- Essential to this position is a complete understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro or similar professional editing software with a proven track record of editing video content for emerging platforms in a timely manner.
- In addition, knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred.
- Knowledge of a wide array of professional broadcast equipment is essential such as waveforms, audio mixers, routers, and video switchers.
- This position requires the ability to troubleshoot and critically view waveform information to meet national broadcast standards and FCC regulations.
- Attention to detail and a mastery of spelling & punctuation is required.
- The senior editor will work closely with internal and external clients which requires the ability to collaborate and plan between departments.
- This position will require the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The Senior Editor is responsible for managing deadlines, as well as deliverables to external and internal stakeholders.
- This position will be responsible for providing technical and editorial assistance to other staff members.
- The Senior Editor's technical knowledge and skills will be used to troubleshoot technical problems, as well as provide guidance to help produce the best possible story.
- They must be able to diagnose problems and provide solutions.
- They will work with other departments to provide feedback and recommendations for hardware and software purchases, as they pertain to post-production.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Prefer at least 4 years of related experience.
Recruitment Salary Range: $54,695 - $59,450