The Senior Producer is responsible and vital to carrying out WUCF’s mission of serving as a Central Florida Storyteller.
The Senior Producer will pitch and research stories, book talent, write, copy and help shape editorial high-quality content for WUCF on multiple platforms. This position may require on-air duties, as the content warrants. The Senior Producer works to support the Executive Producer and Managing Producer to meet department deadlines.
- Research and pitch stories that align with content strategies and goals.
- Shoot and edit video with provided equipment for the broadcast and digital platforms.
- Write and edit balanced and accurate scripts under deadline.
- Book panelists for in-studio discussions.
- Support studio production of NewsNight and, on occasion, other programs.
Represent WUCF at station events and partner activities.
Commitment to produce WUCF content through a lens of diversity and inclusion.
Department: Communications and Marketing, WUCF TV
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Type of Appointment: Regular
Expected Salary: 48,722 - Negotiable
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proven journalism experience, a thorough understanding of unbiased reporting, and experience filming and editing.
- Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects experience preferred.
- Multi-camera and single-camera film-style directing.
Prefer candidates with the ability to communicate in conversational Spanish in order to serve the community with bilingual programming and content in Central Florida.