This position will focus on producing promotional videos, TV spots, brand promos, and additional marketing videos for The Weather Channel, Local Now, and other streaming channels that provide consumers with category leading news and entertainment content.
Allen Media Group (AMG), owner of The Weather Channel, the fast-growing Local Now streaming service and over 30 other media properties is looking to expand its digital footprint by launching new streaming apps designed to give users more of the news and entertainment content they love.
As the Allen Media Group’s digital footprint increases, we are looking for smart, creative, motivated, and hard working people to help grow the business into a streaming empire. This position will focus on producing promotional videos, TV spots, brand promos, and additional marketing videos for The Weather Channel, Local Now, and other streaming channels that provide consumers with category leading news and entertainment content. The position will also offer an opportunity to bring their experience to AMG’s other streaming products as well.
The Senior Producer - Creative Services is a key creative resource leader for TWG Marketing. This role is responsible for developing, writing, producing, and editing exceptional and inspiring promotional videos and advertising that drives tune in to The Weather Channel programming and growth and retention of users for our various streaming services (Local Now, The Weather Channel streaming app, The Weather Channel en Espanol, Pattern, and more). In addition, this position will manage the execution and logistics of creative services projects from concept through implementation to ensure projects are delivered on strategy, on time, and within budget. This individual will be accountable for creating category leading videos, optimizing project management, improving processes and workflow, and allocating resources for the creative team. The role will track and ensure timely completion of multiple creative assets / promotional materials (i.e., video, digital, on-air) produced by internal and third-party resources.
The position will be focused on writing and producing on-air promos, social media videos, sizzle reels, and other multi-platform content. Responsibilities may also include ad sales-focused co-promotions, integrations or stand-alone commercials. Outstanding video production and editing skills are key to the role.
This position will collaborate with the creative team on developing promotional materials, and presentation approaches, provide vision and creatively grow a suite of promotional content. This includes being responsible for writing, producing and editing marketing and promotional content for The Weather Group portfolio, including The Weather Channel television network, The Weather Channel streaming app, The Weather Channel en Espanol, Local Now and Pattrn. Also, the role will provide creative support where possible for the growing portfolio of Allen Media Digital streaming services, including Sports.TV, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Concepting, writing, directing, producing and/or editing engaging on-air promotional videos from start to finish. Includes episodic and topical on-air promos, interstitials, sizzle reels, social media videos, and other long-form content.
- Provides day to day project management for the creative team.
- Assess and create strong design strategies for all prioritized projects for launch coordinating with marketing, digital and TV.
- Supports the marketing video needs and schedule that supports business objectives ensuring on-time and on-budget product launches.
- Identify/develop the look and feel of videos used in marketing campaigns, programming launches, and marketing partnerships.
- Executing innovative creative against challenging creative briefs, brand filters, and deadlines.
- Managing and scheduling production shoots, including directing talent as needed.
- Collaborating with internal programming partners and departments to develop new campaigns and marketing initiatives.
- Provide creative direction and help oversee overflow work of freelance editors, producers, and other creative help as needed.
- Work with marketing and traffic operations to get promos on-air and marketing materials distributed to internal and external partners; ensure correct and accurate promos are running.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Media Studies, Broadcasting, Communications, Fine Arts or related field.
- 4-5 years of television promotion or advertising experience with a cable network, broadcast station, ad agency, post-production company or other media-focused company.
- Excellent writing, scripting, and editing skills, with a thorough understanding of television and digital media branding; must be able to write strong and engaging promotional copy.
- Experience organizing, overseeing, and executing promotional video shoots.
- Ability to manage and motivate a diverse, cross-functional team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience infusing and establishing a consistent style across a property.
- Strong ability to prioritize, reassess and respond quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly present designs and explain how they will achieve business and user objectives.
- Ability to manage a significant workload and assign priorities to tasks, effectively directing the activities of others.
- Ability to establish processes to ensure success of cross-functional teams, and manage design projects to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Familiarity with The Weather Channel brand and its product offerings.
- Experience executing effectively against client creative briefs.
- Professionally skilled with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop) Experienced non-linear editor.
- Ability to write strong and engaging scripts and copy.
- Experience directing large and small-scale video shoots and voice-over sessions.
- A strong sense of storytelling, and an eye for effective design.
- Full understanding of the fundamentals of the commercial production process and network branding.
- Must be a team player with a high level of accountability and strong work ethic.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to present creative concepts both internally and externally and interact with all levels across the organization.
- Able to multitask and prioritize a variety of creative projects at once.
- Strong time management skills and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work the hours necessary when the network shifts into 24/7, breaking news coverage.