A Senior VFX Producer is responsible for the day to day running of The Mill’s VFX productions.
London, United Kingdom
May 12, 2023
A Senior VFX Producer is responsible for the day to day running of The Mill’s VFX productions. The Senior VFX Producer will have their own clients, but also sometimes be assigned projects by one of the Executive VFX Producers. Their task will be to see these projects through from award to delivery. During the life of the project the Senior VFX Producer will need to manage the smooth running of all aspects of the job and ensure that it is profitable, delivered on time and that the clients are happy. The Senior VFX Producer will work with both internal staff and external vendors and will already have a good understanding of both.
The Senior VFX Producer will have direct contact with the clients and will be responsible for scheduling in reviews and feedback sessions, creating client agendas and running meetings without Executive VFX Producers being present. The Senior VFX Producer will constantly need to be reviewing feedback/comments with their project lead and deciding how to tailor their existing schedule to accommodate the changes. Where required overages and schedule extensions will need to be discussed and negotiated with the client and should not necessarily require the help of an Executive VFX Producer. The Senior VFX Producer should have the confidence to be able to have these difficult conversations themselves.
It is the Senior VFX Producer's job to flag and tackle any issues that may derail a project from either its creative or financial goals, and they should know when to alert the relevant parties (Executive VFX Producer / HoP) if they see a roadblock ahead. The Executive VFX Producer on each production will put in regular catch-up sessions each week with the Senior VFX Producer, during which they should be provided with a clear financial and creative status report for the project.
The Senior VFX Producer will have a responsibility to bring in their own work and be required to regularly be out and about with clients trying to bring in more sales.
- Maintaining a regular client base and trying to build upon this
- Bidding projects and seeing them through from this stage up until delivery
- Assessing client briefs and knowing when to engage with creative teams
- Maintaining and adapting the schedule throughout the duration of the project
- Tracking costs and creating overage bids if running over the approved budget
- Working with scheduling and your project leads to ensure the correct team members are allocated to your jobs
- Ensuring there is clear communication with clients at all stages of the project. Clients should always be clear on schedules, key approval dates and if feedback is likely to push them over their budgets into overages
- Work collaboratively with the team, both internally and externally to develop solutions in response to client briefs/comments and ensure high standards of creative excellence
- Building client relationships with key contacts on jobs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of VFX to include 2D executions, CG, Grade, Design, and Live action
- Confident speaker and presenter
- Client experience
SUCCESS METRICS / KPIs
- Delivering projects on budget and on schedule
- Ensuring the creative bar is hit on every piece of content that is delivered
- Maintaining and developing existing client relationships