The person in this role reports to Coordinating Producer, Independent Lens and supports the Series Producer, Independent Lens and IL Production team to deliver on ITVS’ role as a leader in funding and presenting high quality documentary programming to PBS.
The person in this role reports to Coordinating Producer, Independent Lens and supports the Series Producer, Independent Lens and IL Production team to deliver on ITVS’ role as a leader in funding and presenting high quality documentary programming to PBS. Responsibilities include: providing assistance with the management of IL broadcast co-productions and acquisitions; supporting the IL team with administrative workflows; collaborating with various departments, PBS and outside vendors; ensuring work goals are in alignment with ITVS’ overall content strategy; being an expert and sharing knowledge in the areas of PBS Underwriting and Funding approvals, PBS crediting approvals, FCC actionable content, packaging, and the delivery of episodes to PBS. Other responsibilities include: working with various departments at ITVS, including Business & Legal Affairs and Audience Development, PBS and outside vendors in order to deliver IL episodes at the highest possible quality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work collaboratively with ITVS’s Production & Programming, Audience Development (AD), and Business and Legal Affairs teams to align production and delivery needs using agreed upon processes and shared goals.
- Provide administrative support to the IL production team, including but not limited to data entry, scheduling meetings/calls and generating notes.
- Work with ITVS Supervising Producers and independent filmmakers to ensure the successful delivery of film deliverables, including those involving rights & clearances, funding, engagement, and crediting.
- Assist in managing a portfolio of IL films. Set up, update and maintain project records in Facilis and Netsuite database and workflows in Asana to ensure compliance with department standards.
- Assist in filing project deliverables properly in digital record keeping systems and paper files as appropriate.
- Assist with the Submission and management of PBS approval of packaging and delivery elements such as Credits and Funders lists, etc. and oversee edits of new credit sequences based on approved lists.
- Flag cuts for FCC actionable content with meticulous attention to detail.
- Communicate with contracted vendors outside ITVS including post-production facilities, editors, translators, etc.
- Review deliverables such as broadcast transcripts, annotated transcripts, rights summary worksheets and music cue sheets to confirm accuracy.
- Manage music cue sheet delivery process to PBS via Soundmouse.
- Enter episode timings, credits and technical data into PBS’s program system and generate media inventory forms.
- Assist Series Producer with NetSuite contract requests.
- Assist Executive Producer, IL with potential program requests.
- Provide limited administrative support for Executive Producer, IL.
- Maintain IL Season film information and manage communication/updates with various company stakeholders.
- With Series Producer, serve as a liaison between ITVS and PBS.
- With Series Producer, serve as a liaison between iTVS and PBS, and iTVS and filmmakers.
- Fosters and cultivates a culture of care and a high commitment to quality informed by ITVS values.
- Contributes to culture by proactively participating in organization programs and staff events.
- Seeks and integrates constructive feedback to drive continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with peers and staff; builds relationships through effective and compassionate communication.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to iTVS’ mission and an ability to apply sensitivity to a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- Promote and model high performance and commitment to quality and the highest professional standards.
- Maintain internal and external communications and relationships with integrity.
- Committed to offering a high level of customer service
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking capabilities, sound judgment, practical and solution-oriented.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and think strategically.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude; able to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Ability to stay focused, highly organized, pay close attention to details and produce reliable results.
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner. Good sense of humor is helpful too!
- Required: 1-3 years of professional experience in TV or film production in one of the following areas: broadcast or cable network, public media, entertainment, marketing, advertising agency, or brand management.
- Required: Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team.
- Required: Experience with project management tools and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite other software applications.
- Preferred: Experience working in public television preferred.
ITVS is a financial steward of public funds and committed to pay transparency, as well as providing equitable and competitive compensation for staff. For this role the pay range is $53,295 - $59,565 and the incumbent new hire's base pay will begin at $53,295.