The Series Coordinator will play a key role in supporting team members and campaign publicity work across multiple scripted series.
It’s the chance to work with a publicity team that is transforming entertainment on an innovative platform that enables viewers to watch any time, on any device. Netflix has grown to over 232 million members. With more exciting entertainment titles on the way and a publicity team eager to try new methods beyond “traditional” press, it’s a great time to join Netflix.
The Series Coordinator will play a key role in supporting team members and campaign publicity work across multiple scripted series. Ideal candidates will have a base knowledge of the entertainment landscape and a strong passion and interest in entertainment publicity. The series coordinator is a collaborative team player, exercises sound judgment and is self-motivated, passionate, proactive, resourceful, flexible and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities across many different initiatives simultaneously. They have an exemplary eye for organization and attention to detail and the ability to make quick, wise decisions even when faced with ambiguity. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who has a positive attitude that takes initiative, effectively prioritizes work and is a very strong and clear communicator.
The publicity coordinator is responsible for the majority of the daily logistical functions of the team including, but not limited to: the upkeep of team documents, the booking of travel and glam for talent, working with personal talent reps, generating and maintaining talent schedules, compiling coverage reports and campaign recaps, day-to-day budget maintenance and invoice processing, as well as communication with reps, talent and showrunners/filmmakers where needed.
The job is based in our New York office and reports into one of our title team directors.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Update and maintain various lists, documents and charts on the department’s google drive
- Create and manage talent itineraries, and book and oversee all aspects of talent travel to ensure all goes smoothly including troubleshooting as needed
- Track and update information related to our titles in a timely way including news announcement calendar, timelines, press coverage, and press notes.
- Negotiate glam rates and work with agencies to ensure timely payment.
- Support junket, premiere, and press day activities including car and glam coordination, day of logistics, screenings and select talent handling duties.
- Day-to-day maintenance of title budgets, track and submit payments, balancing title funds and submit POs
- Coordinate with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment, create and submit SOWs and contracts and PO schedule for payment, onboard new vendors as needed
- Service campaign assets and publicity materials to press and talent
- Assign early access screeners on PIX & Media Center and troubleshoot as needed
- Update film information across various internal databases and external facing Media Center
- Assist with scheduling and facilitation of meetings, including securing of conference rooms, assist in putting together agendas and presentations, and coordinating audio/visual needs.
- Collate and distribute press breaks to communicate with showrunners/filmmakers and talent about breaking press beats.
- Branch outside of campaign-specific work to help innovate internal workflows.
This is an entry-level role. The successful candidate(s) for these teams will have:
- At least 1-2 years of publicity/communications-related entertainment experience in a studio, network, agency, brand, or similar organization.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the entertainment landscape and enthusiastic to learn about the business.
- A clear and concise communicator with a point of view. Must be collaborative and willing to offer their unique perspective and voice and effectively convey complex ideas written and verbally
- Must possess solid organizational skills and be able to manage time effectively.
- Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity.
- Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
- Experienced in managing competing priorities, while knowing how to raise their hand for help if needed.
- Curious and eager to learn. Not timid to take risks, make mistakes and then explore what can be done differently or better the next time.
- Poised, not scared to voice complex ideas to peers and leaders and are ‘cool under fire’ while managing a multitude of simultaneous tasks.
- Self-aware and not afraid to share what they could have done better.
- Able to take action on constructive feedback and does not avoid giving feedback to the rest of the team, including their manager.
- Looking to develop their skill set and learn the fundamentals of what makes a stellar publicity campaign.
- You’re proactive, and embody & promote our company values every day.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $65,000 - $220,000.