Right now we're looking for a Set Dresser to join our team in Chiswick. It’s a fast paced and diverse role and when we say that two days are never the same, we’re not kidding.
Live Event / On Location Services
London, United Kingdom
Mar 17, 2023
If you have an creative eye and styling skills, then this is the job for you! You will be at the forefront of our visual on-air execution and drive & communicate the Set Styling plans for QVC output across Broadcasting. You will ensure that everyone is aware of the creative execution for QVC Programming and that we deliver an engaging and inspiring customer experience. You will report to Senior Manager of Studio Operations.
Daily, the role will be really varied. You will create new visual ideas and show development within Broadcasting to help deliver a fresh, modern output which should lead to us enhancing the customers viewing experience.
Plan for live show execution
- Represent Broadcast Set Styling at all relevant meetings and communicate within meetings effectively.
- To collaborate with the Creative Direction team to implement Broadcast set styles following creative direction style guides and frameworks, to provide best experience across platforms.
- Manage workflow to ensure all styling needs are met across live output and the volume of live hours are time managed.
- To collaborate with the Creative Direction team and our vendors to understand their requirements for shows. Guide vendors and set their expectations ahead of their visit.
- Advise other Broadcast team members, and vendors, on the Sets and studios capabilities, restrictions, and provide solutions.
Live Operational Styling
- Be an expert in the field of Broadcast Set Styling and can advise the business of latest looks and style ideas and contribute to the visual development of the Broadcast platform.
- To work with the live teams to develop and establish the look of the TV output.
- Using your Live Broadcast and studio experience create Style Guides in collaboration with the Creative Direction team for individual ranges and categories. Ensure that these are cascaded down and followed by the team and the business promptly and to a high standard.
- Effectively plan ahead of time, with a focus on the styling requirements for shows and communicate set plans to all involved.
What You Bring
- To be successful in this role, you will build great relationships with brands and internally across the business.
- You will have creative eye and proven styling skills, ideally gained in TV / broadcast industries.
- You will present visual and quality experience in relation to all aspects of product display, artistic ability and technical skills (Photoshop, PowerPoint).
- Degree or its equivalent in Design / Creative media would be beneficial.