TelevisaUnivision is seeking a talented Set-Dresser. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing the set for on-air shows.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 02, 2024
TelevisaUnivision is seeking a talented Set-Dresser.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing the set for on-air shows. This individual must be a strategic and creative thinker, a self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas.
Salary range: $500-$1000/D
- Ensures that all sets are properly set to support production including use of appropriate props and/or styling needs for particular shows, making sure sets are air-worthy and giving sets a final review before going on air.
- Develops overall set style of particular shows turning empty sets into environments appropriate to the show theme.
- Collaborates with TV Production, Broadcast Operations and Vendors to support the live show and handle set changes.
- Follows camera blocking specifications when styling set to maximize on air look
- Other business-related duties as assigned, purchasing of products needed and all props.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years’ experience in product styling and set styling required. Previous television studio experience preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of scenic construction, scene painting and set dressing required.
- Working knowledge of style trends, interior design elements, current fashion looks, visual merchandising, and floral display.
- Proven abilities in live television production a plus!
- Ability to react quickly to critical situations that occur in a live broadcast and production environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to differentiate between colors and textures
- Ability to use basic carpentry tools
- Ability to travel daily/overnight
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces (i.e., lighting rafters, etc.)
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, climb stairs/ladders, and sit for up to (8) hours