Your role will include Data Wrangling, capturing photography and lidar scanning and processing the captured onset data using proprietary tools.
Montreal, Canada, Toronto, ON, Canada
Nov 14, 2022
You will maintain effective communication to the show and VFX supervisors on where to find the relevant data. We aim to balance out the onset work hours with processing work back at DNEG's studio.
- Extensive production experience of VFX photography and/or onset Data Wrangling on multiple VFX feature films.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering Shoot planning and execution, both for onset and location-based shoots. Scheduling, kit planning, crew training, client liaison and strong understanding of how the data is employed and the importance of data integrity and organisation.
- Experience of leading onset teams.
- Knowledge and experience of Image Processing techniques
- Thorough understanding of capture techniques for VFX. These would include Photography, Photogrammetry and Lidar scanning/processing and their use in a VFX Pipeline
- Extensive knowledge and experience of onset Data Wrangling and using File Maker Pro. Able to work with camera crews and other Shooting Departments as well as have a good understanding of VFX onset work
Nice to Have:
- Experience in other areas of visual effects (Film, TV, Games) will also be taken into account
- A good general TD background
- Maya, Python or MEL knowledge
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Good understanding of Linux based operating systems
- Highly organised, meticulous, pro-active and a self-starter
- Attention to detail
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines.
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Adaptable, flexible, have a willingness to travel