HuffPost is seeking a Shopping Writer. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between HuffPost and Writers Guild of America, East
HuffPost is seeking a Shopping Writer. HuffPost Shopping’s mission is to provide a service to our audience by carefully curating shopping content, ultimately minimizing the work readers need to do to find products and services that will help them lead better lives. Our readers are smart, educated consumers who want to put their hard-earned money to good use (while having fun, too). We use expert sourcing, trustworthy reviews, smart reporting, brand discovery and data analytics. Our goal is to turn HuffPost into a shopping destination people return to regularly, because we’ve established trust with our readers through our devotion to quality, authenticity and diversity. We strive to combine spot-on product curation with an entertaining and informative writing style and trustworthy recommendations, so even if the products aren’t right for a reader, they can click away feeling like their time was well-spent.
A Shopping Writer on our team should be an experienced and conversational writer and editor with proven skill in consumer- and shopping-related or other lifestyle content.
- Writing shareable, unique shopping stories as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Researching products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the HuffPost audience.
- Tracking and analyzing posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics in order to strategically pitch new ideas
- Staying on top of current news, trends and sales to pitch and write timely stories that readers are interested in at that very moment.
- Previous shopping / eCommerce writing experience OR equivalent experience with other kinds of service journalism
- Previous experience with affiliate data and networks a plus
- Strong knowledge and interest in all or most of the following areas: Food/drink, style, beauty, wellness, fitness, tech, health, work/life, travel, home, pets and parenting
- Experience with or ability to learn online photo editing software
- Attention to detail a must!
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Willingness to analyze and reach the HuffPost audience
- Must be available to work major sale holidays/tentpoles (including but not limited to Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, etc)