Allen Media Group / HBCUGo is looking for a Social Media Manager to plan, implement, manage, and monitor our company’s online presence and other marketing efforts for a diverse portfolio of projects spanning our Film, Network Television, and Corporate office Divisions.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Dec 29, 2022
In this role, you’ll be a core part of the HBCUGo remarkable team, while handling our social media across numerous platforms, branded content, and college partnerships. You’ll be reporting to the Vice President, Content and Programming to ensure alignment across our key focuses on media planning, special events, interfacing with other AMG business units, audience engagement, and brand awareness.
- Manage social media accounts for the company including all HBCUGo social handles and assist with web platforms.
- Work with producers, editors, and content creators to gather and create all needed assets and written copy that are tailored to each posting and social platform.
- Attend collegiate sport events, network presentations, and on-air shows.
- Manage all marketing projects for our HBCUGo Division, including but not limited to:
- Creating decks, drafting and gathering assets, working on the company website, and communicating between all departments and company divisions.
- Oversee all social media projects for our HBCUGo team, including but not limited to:
- Editing Key Art in Photoshop, gathering, creating, delivering assets for clients for all platforms, working events, and liaising with third-party vendors.
- 2+ years’ experience in Social Media, Marketing, and/or PR preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with various social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, etc.
- Keen interest in trends to help identify opportunities that work for our content strategy.
- Creative instincts with keen eye for detail, storytelling, and design.
- Growth mindset with a willingness to receive and provide feedback to improve content strategies and development.
- Working proficiency of various Social Media Management tools and other key programs such as:
- Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop), Microsoft Office, and Google applications.
- Must be comfortable working independently and managing multiple projects at once.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, actionable self-starter, and team player.
- BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred.