247Sports is seeking a candidate to directly contribute to its college sports based social media channels.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Aug 09, 2023
247Sports is seeking a candidate to directly contribute to its college sports based social media channels. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of college football, college basketball, and college recruiting. Further, they must have experience directly running brand accounts on Twitter, Instagram, and Tik Tok. They must be ready to create and post content right from the get-go with minimal oversight.
The candidate will work directly with 247’s social media manager and lead designer to run 247’s brand accounts. They must-have the proven ability to identify trending stories, format them for social platforms, and use them to engage our audiences. Further, they will frequently collaborate with our production and editorial teams to ensure all elements of the brand are covered!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify trending stories and convert them into social posts to drive engagement
- Come up with original creative concepts in reaction to breaking news in college sports
- Live cover college football and basketball games on @247Sports Twitter
- Lay out specific design and video concepts for lead designer to implement
- Build photoshops, memes, and shortform vertical social video from scratch when needed
- Work with editorial, production, and talent to convert 247Sports site articles and video into social content
- Collaborate with CBS Sports social team to ensure 247Sports is regularly promoted by our extensive portfolio of social accounts
- Make sure 247Sports news, commits, transfers and programming content gets shared across social with video or graphics that elevate the content and creates engagement.
- 2-3 years of social media experience and/or experience in a digital newsroom or production setting
- Clear examples of posts that have driven high levels of engagement
- Team-player mentality, ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Base knowledge/grasp of Adobe Creative Suite
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- The ability to find viral social stories / videos on all social media platforms
- Passion for sports and creating quality engaging content
- Excellent writing ability and a strong understanding of English grammar
- Degree in journalism, communications, or a related field