We are looking for a talented Social Media Marketing Specialist who has a passion for iGaming, sports, and social media, has knowledge of the online gaming and sports betting landscapes, is full of ideas, and can thrive in a start-up environment where they will need to help ideate and execute a cohesive content strategy with production, editing, and scheduling of content for both the iGaming and sports betting verticals.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Oct 17, 2023
We are looking for a talented Social Media Marketing Specialist who has a passion for iGaming, sports, and social media, has knowledge of the online gaming and sports betting landscapes, is full of ideas, and can thrive in a start-up environment where they will need to help ideate and execute a cohesive content strategy with production, editing, and scheduling of content for both the iGaming and sports betting verticals. This position will report to the Senior Director of Content & Social Media for sports. This role is for someone who can get things done. The main focus will be to contribute to populating our social feeds on a daily basis, help to manage our editorial calendar and engage with our audience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and publish daily content and maintains editorial calendar across iCasino and sports social media platforms including updates, news, and brand narratives.
- With specific state strategies in mind, be able to create content and collaborate with the hospitality social media team that has regional impact.
- Constantly ideate and pitch new ways to engage and share relevant content across social.
- Help manage the editorial calendar for digital platforms.
- Monitor online gaming, sports and sports culture for trends that the social media team can engage with.
- Build a deep understanding of brand development and positioning to inform content strategy.
- Create and edit social media graphics/templates.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other departments and other key players to produce and execute content.
- Complies with process and governance with the usage of enterprise social media publishing and analytics tools.
- Audit and maintain standards/guidelines on brand tone, voice, and curation content mix.
- Delivers work on or before deadline.
- Covers events and activations as needed.
- Must have a positive attitude and the flexibility to work with several departments and personalities at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in social media, preferably in sports, with an understanding of what content works best on each platform.
- Extensive passion and knowledge of online gaming, sports, and social media.
- An “always-on” mentality as the sports world is constant, with availability to work nights and weekends.
- Candidate should be self-motivated; detail orientated and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent written skills with the ability to adapt and represent a variety of brand voices.
- Other desired skills include time management skills, critical thinking, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere experience is a plus.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino, from property to property.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties of line employees in emergency situations.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest and employee conflicts.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues.