Los Gatos, California: Current student pursuing a BS/BA or MS/MA in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Statistics — with an expected graduation date around December 2024 or Spring/Summer 2025.
If you have a passion for solving challenging problems; learning how to build scalable, robust systems; love working with the latest technologies in a fast-paced, flexible environment; and are excited at the prospect of having a significant impact on software that over 238 million people use and love, then we want to talk to you.
Who are you?
- Current student pursuing a BS/BA or MS/MA in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Statistics — with an expected graduation date around December 2024 or Spring/Summer 2025
- Candidates with significant relevant work experience may not be considered. While prior internships are okay, we may not consider candidates with multiple years of relevant work experience.
- Excited about exploring new solutions and are willing to break things to learn
- Make confident decisions that are well thought out and a willingness to share your ideas
- Can work independently and are unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Clear communicator - you are concise and articulate in speech and writing
- Passionate about Netflix’s mission to Entertain the World and believe you can thrive in our culture
- Coursework or relative experience with data structures, algorithms, and debugging (bonus if you’ve completed at least one of these courses: Distributed Systems, Web Development, Mobile Development, Network or Application Security, Machine Learning or AI)
- If you’re fluent in another modern programming language that you don't see here, please still consider applying. If your programming skills and CS fundamentals are strong, we’re happy to support you learning a language more widely used within Netflix
What could you learn?
- Building applications that solve complex business problems elegantly
- Scalable system design and architecture process
- Writing high-quality, performant, and industry-standard code
- Working closely with business stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Building UIs that are intuitive, engaging, and surface business insights for our partners
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok! If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Internships at Netflix
At Netflix, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture.
Internships are paid and are a minimum of 12 weeks, with a choice of a few fixed start dates in May or June 2024 to accommodate varying school calendars. Conditions permitting, our 2023 summer internships will be located in our Los Gatos, CA office, or in our Los Angeles, CA office, depending on the team.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine the Intern top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for Netflix Internships is typically $40/hour - $110/hour.