Pixar is looking for a qualified Sous Chef to join to the team for approximately 8 weeks with the possibility of a short term extension. Under minimal supervision, this position assists the Chef de cuisine in managing café employees, food preparation, kitchen operations, and guest services for the Café.
Live Event / On Location Services
San Francisco Bay Area
Jan 26, 2024
Pixar is looking for a qualified Sous Chef to join to the team for approximately 8 weeks with the possibility of a short term extension.
Under minimal supervision, this position assists the Chef de cuisine in managing café employees, food preparation, kitchen operations, and guest services for the Café. This role determines staffing requirements, provides input to employment decisions, provides performance feedback to employees, and ensures adherence to operational, quality, and safety guidelines. In addition, the person(s) in this role will have overall responsibility for compliance with food safety and handling requirements, ordering all necessary food and kitchen supplies, and the maintenance and upkeep of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to create daily cost-efficient menus that are seasonally inspired and broadly appealing
- Direct, guide, and manage Café employees who are preparing and serving all food and products for a daily changing menu from-scratch, at a high volume, ensuring consistency and compliance with the Café’s quality, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Provide input on employment and termination decisions, including interviewing, scheduling, evaluating, providing performance appraisals and feedback, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate
- Provide orientation for and oversee training and continued observance of café employees in safety, cleanliness and sanitation, food preparation, and guest services
- Ensure that all necessary food and kitchen supplies are ordered, received, and stored in accordance with the Café’s needs, budget, and procedures
- Responsible for overall cost containment by effectively managing ordering, menu selection and product utilization
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points; provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials to Café employees
- Other duties as necessary may be assigned by the manager to whom this position reports
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions
- At least 3 years experience in a similar capacity
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room staff and guests
- Demonstrated excellence in guest service skills: reliable, consistent and courteous
- Basic Computer knowledge: email, Word, Excel, Slack to communicate with vendors and employees
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced kitchen environment
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work 50 to 60 hours per week as needed
The hiring range for this position in Emeryville is $58,395.00 to $75,570.00 per year.