Strong candidates understand how news video exists on three screens (television, internet, mobile), and are prepared to edit on all three.
Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
Jan 09, 2024
Strong candidates understand how news video exists on three screens (television, internet, mobile), and are prepared to edit on all three. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to quickly create high-quality content and the content must be ready for air and/or digital use in a timely manner.
Must have entry level experience as a non-linear editor. Ability to create/edit material for on-air and web, while meeting deadlines. Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends holidays and overtime as needed. Must be able to work overnights. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving and strong work ethic.
- Creative storytelling of the highest journalist standards.
- Filing a variety of video elements including voice overs, packages and basic graphics.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments, capturing feeds and receive story content from field crews while constantly monitoring quality control.
- Edius and or Premier Pro editing knowledge. After Effects and Photoshop, a plus.
- Qualified candidates have strong video and photo-editing skills. Having the ability to work a flexible schedule when needed. Be an ethical journalist.
- Prior newsroom experience is a plus. - Excellent communication and time management skills
- Self-starter who can also work well as a member of a team.
- Deadline-driven and able to multitask/perform well in a fast-paced Environment.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Day, Evening, Overnight