The Ideal candidate must be able to gather, write, edit and produce content to be presented on multiple platforms including on-air, streaming, online, and via social media.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Mar 14, 2023
The ideal candidate for this position must have at least 1 year of TV Sportscast or Newscast line producing experience (preferably with ENPS), as well as video-editing experience (editing sports highlights, SOTs, and PKGs; experience with Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus), and experience as a sports writer (TV, print, and/or online).
- The Ideal candidate must be able to gather, write, edit and produce content to be presented on multiple platforms including on-air, streaming, online, and via social media.
- Candidate must be able produce well-paced sports segments under daily deadlines.
- Candidate also needs to be proficient in enterprising sports stories, creating graphics (monitors, full-screens and lower-thirds) and using various production techniques to enhance stories.
- Must also be web savvy so as to enhance KTLA's website with fresh sports content to add to the viewing experience of the KTLA News/Sports Programs.
- College degree or equivalent related experience.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years experience working in TV Sports production or TV news.
- Must have strong writing and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees. Weekend availability required.
Compensation - $33/hr+ commensurate with experience and skill level
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.