The Senior Broadcast Producer for the 9pm Show is a leader who is responsible for planning, creating, & managing content for the program, including planning daily show rundowns, providing strategic vision for segments and bookings, managing producers, and managing the control room.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
May 19, 2023
The Senior Broadcast Producer for the 9pm Show is a leader who is responsible for planning, creating, & managing content for the program, including planning daily show rundowns, providing strategic vision for segments and bookings, managing producers, and managing the control room. This position reports to the Executive Producer.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- This position plans all aspects of the program’s editorial direction. Communicates and implements the creative vision for the show including proposing new program concepts and driving compelling and engaging storytelling. Makes crucial editorial decisions. Organizes and prepares content so that high pressure deadlines are met. Is the point person for the Executive Producer and senior leadership during the day. Serves as Back-up Executive Producer when the EP is on vacation.
- Oversee staff to ensure high level of editorial and production consistency. Create opportunities for the development and growth of staff members in a creative, collaborative environment. Must have strong team building skills and work well with fellow producers and crew.
- Develop and enterprise story pitches related to news topics of the day and relevant current issues. Read and monitor multiple and diverse sources of information and exchange ideas with the Executive Producer and bookers for angles on stories. Collaborate with Anchor, producers and correspondents on direction and production of stories.
- Accurate, rapid establishment of facts on a story that is developing. Coordinating reporting with others in network working on story, acquisition of live sources, communication with newsgathering desks regionally and nationally, access to developed network of previously established sources and quick response to booking guests and moving resources to cover breaking stories.
- Must be flexible and able to regularly work long hours, this role will require being onsite 5 days a week and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Qualifications & Experience…
- The successful candidate for this position will have strong leadership, editorial, writing and control room skills with a minimum of 10 years of experience in television news, with at least five years as a show producer at a cable or broadcast network
- The job requires previous experience as a senior producer on a live daily news show. It further requires strong feature and segment production, strong strategic vision for bookings, strong writing skills, extensive control room experience and a thorough understanding of news production
- Must be a creative thinker who can generate numerous stories under intense deadline pressure and changing circumstances
- This producer must be familiar with all aspects of television production including graphics, editing, digital news gathering and live remote broadcasting and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Primetime show production experience a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $245,000.00 - $455,000.00 salary per year.