Warner Bros. Discovery is looking for a Senior Product Designer for the Digital and Direct-to-Consumer business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Chip and Joanna Gaines.
In this role you’ll help create innovative, cross-platform experiences, enhancing the Magnolia brand and product portfolio. This role will lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You’ll utilize a full range of skills including creating user flows, user journeys, user interface design, interaction design, prototyping and visual design to bring these experiences to life.
- Understand the Magnolia user base and their values deeply; always fiercely advocate from their perspective.
- Create valuable experiences that are delightful to engage with and are incredibly easy-to-use.
- Design flows, interactions and experiences that are simple and elegant across various platforms (web, mobile apps, connected TV, voice), leveraging customer insights, data and user research.
- Think systematically; streamline interaction patterns across the product yet optimize for each platform.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis, and metrics to help shape the user experience
- Think at a high level about creative strategy and vision. Not just how it should look, but what should be built.
- Ensure quality of experience achieves our standards of quality, and remains in scope; collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise
- Champion design work to senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, editorial and content teams to oversee the experience of a product from concept until launch.
- Be autonomous. You crave accountability, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies, designing across platforms (web, mobile apps, connected tv, voice platforms) as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role.
- You are fluent in best practices for cross-platform design, as well as usability principles and techniques.
- You are a relentless simplifier, adept at turning complex processes into intuitive and elegant experiences.
- You are able to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- You have deep empathy for customers and other humans.
- You see the big picture, yet have great attention to detail.
- Experience with creating journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your digital product and interaction work.
- You have experience working with a cross-functional team across product, engineering, business and marketing to solve difficult problems and deliver compelling products.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have a proactive attitude and strong time management skills. You share suggestions and take initiative for what needs to be done, rather than wait for detailed instructions.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-changing environment where continuous innovation is valued.
Additional Job Requirements
- Must love story-telling; an emphasis on family, home, lifestyle brands a plus
- Lead multiple UX projects independently to drive end-to-end feature experience work
- Must have an online portfolio
- Working knowledge of Figma, Photoshop & Adobe CS required
- Working experience with Invision, Principle, After Effects or related prototype software is important
Bonus points if you have…
- Design Thinking experience
- Connected TV experience
- Visual Design experience
- Amazon Echo/ Echo Show experience
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $109,900 - $204,100 salary per year.