The Senior Associate, Streaming Media supports the scheduling, publishing, and curation of content on the PBS KIDS YouTube channel and the PBS KIDS Video streaming platforms (web, mobile, and connected TVs).
The PBS KIDS Distribution team is responsible for the strategy, scheduling, and delivery of PBS KIDS content to the National Program Service (NPS) channel (linear), the PBS KIDS Channel (linear), free video-on-demand (FVOD) and livestream services on the PBS KIDS Video App for web, mobile, and connected TV streaming devices, and the PBS KIDS YouTube channel.
The Senior Associate, Streaming Media supports the scheduling, publishing, and curation of content on the PBS KIDS YouTube channel and the PBS KIDS Video streaming platforms (web, mobile, and connected TVs). In the role, the person will implement workflows to support YouTube content trends and seasonal events, partner with producers to strategically develop seasonal, character-driven, or educational clip collections, and work with various internal teams (i.e., Content, Marketing, Creative Production) to operationalize and schedule current series and original content.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing the PBS KIDS YouTube channel by uploading content and metadata, maintaining calendars and communications with external partners, creating compilations and helping to create and schedule livestreams.
- Stay on top of YouTube search trends, YouTube Kids’ seasonal events, and help PBS KIDS quickly pivot its YouTube strategy as needed.
- Assist in managing the PBS KIDS FVOD content library by working with Program Packaging, KIDS Content and KIDS Creative Production teams to request, upload, and schedule assets in our content management systems.
- Coordinate with PBS KIDS Distribution team members, along with Content, Marketing & Brand Engagement, and Creative Production teams to execute series launches and seasonal promotional priorities.
- Coordinate with producers, and internal PBS KIDS teams to collect clip requests for PBS KIDS video streaming platforms.
- Assist in quality assurance for PBS KIDS Video streaming content and products through testing regular quality control scans of the Video app across multiple platforms.
- Ensure scheduling documentation is accurate and raise potential issues, if needed.
- Support creation and maintenance of PBS KIDS product and producer documentation.
- Stay up to date on streaming technology and children’s content trends, and actively collaborate in cross-departmental brainstorms.
- Strategize as part of the PBS KIDS Distribution team, to develop unique, experimental, and innovative video and content formats, and digital distribution methods that support the PBS KIDS mission to deliver high-quality, fun, educational content to viewers across the U.S.
- Other projects as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- Two plus years of experience with a strong interest in children’s media, digital content management, product development, and/or content moderation
- Experience with early childhood education/development is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Communications, Digital Media, Educational Technology, or related field; or equivalent work experience in digital content production or management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with internal and external partners of all levels;
- Top-notch organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Basic understanding of accessibility requirements and methods for content distribution on digital platforms;
- Familiarity with content management databases, digital distribution platforms, and ticketing systems. Willing to engage regularly with our Video app across multiple platforms. Assist in troubleshooting issues as needed;
- Curious about the convergence of media across television, web, mobile, and other digital platforms;
- Eager to stay on top of trends and share new information with our team and across teams;
- Resourceful with a can-do attitude, and solution-oriented;
- A strategic thinker who can plan, problem solve, and prioritize several requests or assignments, often against aggressive deadlines. High degree of initiative and ability proactively guide projects to completion;
- Project management skills and experience is preferred but not required;
- Familiar with YouTube Studio and/or channel management is preferred but not required;
- Ability to read and/or comprehend Spanish is preferred but not required;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop) and/or writing copy is preferred but not required.