Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for an experienced full-time Staff writer/Editor to oversee wrestling content under the leadership of the Lead Features Editor.
Mar 03, 2022
Do you love wrestling? Do you love writing? Then this job is for you. The selected candidate will have tremendous career growth opportunity within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video editing or script editing.
- Edit and publish a minimum of 10 wrestling articles daily on the Features team
- Combination of editing/writing (mostly writing for the first month)
- Help develop the Wrestling vertical and test content types
- Long term:
- Participate in writer development and general writer management
- Oversee and facilitate writer communication in Slack/Asana
- Send feedback to writers according to Screen Rant's standards (as per our writing guides)
- Work with new writers to develop their skills and help them adapt to Screen Rant's standards
- Work with existing writers to develop those suitable for internal development (staff writing, self-publishing, editing)
- Idea generation
- Develop content plans
- Target evergreen topics
- Weekly meetings
- Come prepared with notes and analyses
- Additional tasks
- Approve sniping SEO/angles
- Identify evergreen articles to update
- Relevant experience in senior writing and editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Expert level knowledge of wrestling, UFC, celebrity boxing, etc.
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
- Freelance writer management
- Proven track record of growing a team, expanding coverage, and driving traffic
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Perks atypical of a freelance role (guaranteed hours and income, bonusing opportunities, paid time off)
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded professionals to nerd-out with on a daily basis
Only applicants who possess the necessary skills and experience will be contacted, and only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of popular wrestling content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next steps in the hiring process involve both a writing evaluation and an interview.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!