Work directly with Directors, Producers, and News managers to provide staging services during WBBM-TV local news productions for broadcast and streaming. Stage electric, stage carpentry, property persons, spotlight operators, and lighting operation and maintenance as required and directed.
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Greater Chicago Area
Feb 08, 2024
- Work directly with Directors, Producers, and News managers to provide staging services during WBBM-TV local news productions for broadcast and streaming.
- Responsibilities include setting up and testing lighting and other television equipment, following the Director’s instructions, assisting performers, guests, and visitors, and making adjustments to sets.
- Keeping the set and stage clean between performances and removing any waste.
- Supporting company-wide productions and events on and off site.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to -
- Unloading materials and equipment from trucks
- Setting up lighting, props, microphones, and other equipment
- Testing equipment to ensure it is in working order before filming or a performance
- Building and disassembling sets
- Assisting technicians with the operation of lighting, sound, and video equipment
- Assisting performers and guests
- Operating curtains and quickly moving scenery and props during theatrical productions
- Running errands upon request
- Stage electric, stage carpentry, property persons, spotlight operators, and lighting operation and maintenance as required and directed.
- Knowledge of the basic parts of and operation techniques for lighting, sound, and video equipment
- Physical ability to move heavy equipment from one location to another
- Problem-solving ability to troubleshoot issues with equipment
- Interpersonal skills to interact positively with cast members, crew members, vendors, and audience
- Ability to use tools needed to build and strike sets
- Strong oral communication skills to work with other crew members
- Ability to move quickly to change scenery and relocate props during scene changes
- Understanding of on-set and stage safety precautions
- Shifts can include nights, weekends, early mornings, and holidays.