WPIX-11 is looking for a part-time I.A.T.S.E local 1 represented stagehand to work within a fast-paced News/Production content creation environment. This position will act as stagehand in our PIX11 studios.
Greater New York City Area
May 26, 2022
- Performs the Load-in, changeover/show-call and load-out of band and rental equipment
- Uses proper safety protocols with all related aspects to rigging and loading
- Operate lighting board
- Responsible for hanging show backdrops, building stage risers
- Assist in clearing and setting the staging
- Maintain curtains, drapes, risers, and other staging items
- Assist lighting fixtures, lambs, and cabling.
- Move and rearrange furniture
- Unload and set up road cases
- Perform spotlight operation during shows
- Scenic - set and clear scenery
- Clean and maintain the studio set
Applicant must be willing to work varied shifts which may include: mornings, nights, weekends and holidays. Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 2 to 5 years‑progressive experience working within broadcast industry. Experience in news at major market is a plus. Must have good organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills. Must be able to lift to 60 lbs
The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow up are a critical component of this role.