The Storyboard artist draws a scene-by-scene visual story based on script.
- Create storyboard: thumbnail/rough storyboard panels through delivery of finished storyboard sequences
- Ensure that the vision and style of the show is consistently adhered to through execution of action, staging, dialogue and camera
- Pitch storyboards to Director, crew and Executives
- Address notes from Director and Creative Supervisors
- Collaborate with creative department heads and production to review goals and vision for the storyboards and discuss concerns, timelines and complexity, given the parameters of the schedule; Responsible for completing all deliverables on time and according to production schedule and within guidelines/show parameters such as number of scenes, complexity requirements, etc.
- Ensure that storyboard includes all final dialogue, backgrounds, direction, camera moves and action by making drawing or text changes in description, dialogue or numbering
- Submit work that appropriately aligns with production and workflow guidelines requirements (i.e., naming conventions and storage)
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show
- Knowledge and experience with television animation production pipeline a plus
- Knowledge of software and hardware including Cintiq, Toon Boon Storyboard Pro, and Photoshop
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Strong in comedy, action, emotional storytelling, and character interaction
- Strong staging, composition and cinematography skills
- Ability to draw characters and environments on model within show style
- Ability to write clear and specific direction on storyboards
- Solid and consistent time-management skills
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Job Location: Burbank, CA
The hiring range for this union position in Glendale, California is $ 59.34 to $69.25 per hour, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.