The Streaming Producer/Host plans, schedules, produces, edits, and hosts news, weather and informational video content on the station’s live stream. Come help us build a fast-growing new distribution platform to connect FOX 5 Atlanta with a 21st century streaming audience.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 31, 2024
The Streaming Producer/Host plans, schedules, produces, edits, and hosts news, weather and informational video content on the station’s live stream. Come help us build a fast-growing new distribution platform to connect FOX 5 Atlanta with a 21st century streaming audience. This position requires a unique combination of skills and offers the opportunity to work in a market-leading news organization.
- Works in concert with the Digital Content Manager and VP/News to develop concepts for scheduled streaming programs designed to maximize audience for the station’s live stream
- Produces and crafts blocks of news, weather and information content to be delivered via the station’s live stream
- Utilizes technology platforms to schedule and execute streaming of pre-produced program content
- Monitors incoming video feeds and works in conjunction with Assignment Editors to recognize and respond to breaking news of interest to the streaming audience
- Appears on camera to host and introduce scheduled streaming programs; hosts and narrates live coverage of breaking news and scheduled news events presented in full on the station’s live stream
- Evaluates audience measurement data and participates in discussions about content strategy and planning for the station’s live stream
- Ensures that streaming content meets the editorial standards of the FOX 5 newsroom
- Performs other duties as assigned
- MUST POSSESS STRONG LANGUAGE SKILLS, BE PROFICIENT IN ENGLISH GRAMMAR, SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION AND MUST BE ABLE TO UTILIZE CONVERSATIONAL BROADCAST COPY STYLE EFFICIENTLY UNDER DAILY DEADLINE PRESSURE
- Proficiency with video production technology, including non-linear editing and video switching tools
- Strong editorial judgment required
- Excellent on-camera delivery and communication skills required
- Self-starter with the ability to work productively while working independently
- Able to prioritize and work under daily deadline pressure
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in a newsroom at a commercial television station preferred.