Hearst Magazines is seeking a Studio Coordinator to work at their in-house studios. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills and hands-on experience with photo and video equipment.
Greater New York City Area
Sep 13, 2023
Hearst Magazines is seeking a Studio Coordinator to work at their in-house studios. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills and hands-on experience with photo and video equipment. This position is required to be in the studio/office 5 days per week, and reports to the Chief Visual Content Director.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of all studio photo, lighting and grip equipment
- Provide support with technical equipment questions, as well as image-related issues.
- Manage and coordinate photographer equipment orders.
- Provide support with all studio shoot needs: breaking down photo equipment, wall flats, props, seamless paper, painting, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of prop rooms | prop room organization.
- Coordinate booking requests and studio calendar.
- Monitor studio emails.
- Work as a part of a team to troubleshoot and anticipate studio and client needs.
- Potential to shoot for Hearst brands based on business needs.
Who you are:
- Prior experience, such as an internship, working in a photo studio and/or working with photo/video equipment, grip, and gear.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and a professional and positive manner.
- Proficiency with MAC OS X and PC Windows, plus such software as Microsoft Office, Phase One C1Pro, and Adobe Photoshop/Bridge.
The base salary for this role is $60,000.