The Studio Manager - Production Operations reports to the Senior Director, Production Operations and is responsible for managing all Pac-12 studios and control rooms and personnel assignments while working closely with all Production (Remote and Studio), Operations, Programing, and Engineering departments.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jun 10, 2022
The Senior Director, Production Operations is based in San Francisco at the Pac-12 Networks Offices and Studios.
- Develop, implement and manage all studio operations strategies and procedures for the Pac-12 Networks.
- Manage and track studio budgets inclusive of freelance costs on both studio and live events, vendor invoicing, and operational expenses related to the studio. Prepare pre-estimates, post-estimates and compare against actuals.
- Oversee scheduling prepared by Production Coordinator - Studio Operations to improve efficiencies that are budget conscious and forward-thinking for training and growth purposes.
- Works closely with crewing team to ensure coordination of studio crew needs for every in-house production.
- Responsible for budgeting, pre-estimating, post-estimating and tracking all costs associated with in-house studio operations (Control rooms, taped, live, and editing, ENG's, etc.)
- Work closely with Producers and Directors to assess and evaluate crews both before and after productions.
- Create training plans to encourage the growth and development of current operators while training new operators to deepen the freelancer pool where needed.
- Prepares post programming analysis (show reports) for each event and acts on any outstanding concerns and repairs needed.
- Works closely with production and engineering to coordinate the training of personnel on in-house studio facilities.
- Provides all misc. production support for live and taped studio productions (building/studio access, credentials, building passes, schedules, runners, studio coordinators, etc.).
- Collaborates with outside vendors for events produced in the SF facilities. Works closely with engineering and operations to make sure the requirements of each show are met.
- Acts as the Production Manager for in-house production and follows all Production Manager responsibilities.
- Manages Studio Production Coordinators.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in remote and/or studio event operations, preferably sports event operation
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience managing personnel
- Prior experience in managing and developing systems and procedures involving studio event operations, i.e. payroll, vendor contracts, scheduling, and studio operation needs
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of current equipment, technology, and technical personnel involved in the production of live studio production for a 24/7 Sports Network (Cameras, Jibs, Lighting, Graphics, EVS, Audio, Makeup, Hair, Bug Box, Ticker, etc)
- Must be proficient in studio production budgeting, program control, and operations
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a remote and/or studio Production Manager or equivalent
- Experience with industry software programs used for scheduling, budgeting, and processing
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
- Ability to manage effectively numerous projects simultaneously while under very tight deadlines
- Must be able to work night and weekends
- Passionate about Pac-12 Sports
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications,